Wednesday, August 14, 2013

An Interview with the Creator of Little Problems

Ask anyone who works on the Little Problems team and they will say it's amazing. One of the main reasons being a Campus Representative is great is because of the amazing woman that oversees our nonprofit organization. Little Problems started in May of 2012 as a Twitter account, and now we sell amazing products and have over 50 campus representatives. I did a small interview with the creator of Little Problems, check it out below:


Q: Why did you decide to create Little Problems?

A: I created the Twitter account after searching for one of my own. It was during the summer and I was away from my Big. We always tweeted each other funny things and I wanted to find an account about Big and Littles that I could tweet at her. I looked for a few days and I couldn't find one, so I decided to make one myself.

----

Q: When choosing a charity to support why did you chose the Wounded Warrior Project?

A: When I decided to begin the business side of LP, I had decided to do so because my boyfriend was getting ready to deploy overseas and I simply wanted something to keep me busy. Since I was given the opportunity to benefit myself with finding something to bide my time with, I wanted to pay it forward and hopefully give someone else a positive opportunity, which is why I decided to be a non-profit organization. I thought long and hard about what to support, because clearly there are A LOT of amazing philanthropies and charities out there. But I kept going back to the Wounded Warrior Project because it related directly to my boyfriend’s job. I figured that as a thank you to all of the men and women who've been injured doing the same thing he was getting ready to do, I could donate to WWP.

Little Problems is proud to support the Wounded Warrior Project



While he was deployed, unfortunately one of the men on his team was hurt and the Wounded Warrior Project was able to step in and give him a prosthetic leg. After they got back, I got the chance to meet him. It was an amazing experience getting to meet someone that WWP has been able to help, which very well could've been money from one of the LP donations. It was extremely humbling.

----


Q: What is the best part about overseeing Little Problems?

A: There are a lot of things that I love about what I do with LP. I’ve been blessed to meet some amazing women through the Campus Rep program, some of whom are my absolute best friends now. Like the kind of friends that will be in my wedding some day. It’s also been wonderful watching LP grow from just me sitting in my room emailing every sorority woman I knew to a team of over 50 people working together to better LP. Being able to make donations to WWP over time has been wonderful too. The ability to donate to them is an awesome feeling to know that we’re truly helping someone who deserves it.

----

Q: Where do you see Little Problems in a year?

A: To be honest, a year ago, this is not where I saw LP at all. I never imagined for it to grow as much and as quickly as it has. There are now so many more products than I started with and so many more people involved. In a year, I’d love to see our line expanded even more to include other products as well as having a larger team to help push us forward.  

One of the products added this summer!
----

Q: What advice do you have for a girl wanting to start her own small non-profit organization?

A: Be ready for anything, stay with it, and most importantly, believe in what you do. There were so many times that I felt LP was going nowhere and wanted to quit. I actually almost stopped all together not too long ago because I wasn’t sure if it could get any bigger. Thankfully, the girls on my team and my boyfriend changed my mind (not that it took much convincing though!). So even when things are lagging a bit, stay with it because it is worth it. And as far as being ready for anything, be ready for people to want to help you in any way they can because they support what you do. But also be ready for people to bash it. I still get tweets from people making fun of LP and, unfortunately, WWP. Why people would be negative towards things that are just trying to help others, I don’t know. Then again, I’m a firm believer in karma. But you just have to ignore all that and know that what you’re doing is absolutely, 110% worth it.

I hope you loved this interview as much as I did. We are seriously blessed with the best team supervisor, don't you think?

2 comments:

  1. As both a little and a big, I think that this is such a great idea, plus one of my sisters is lucky enough to be a representative for the brand as well as a blogger! Keep up the good work and I can't wait to see what cute things that site has in store.

    ReplyDelete

Tell us what you think!