Sunday, August 3, 2014

Summer Fashion Part 2

Each season new trends appear and, this summer, I've seen quite a few pieces on the trend train. Some clothing trends may only be around for a few weeks, but others last months or even years (I'm looking at you 1970s extreme flared bell bottom jeans). I spend most of my free time browsing Pinterest, looking at fashionistas' closets on Instagram (check out SarahBell93x), and online shopping for clothes I truly need but because “I’ll wear it one day with that one thing”. My personal style ranges from sophisticated/casual prep to leggings and a t-shirt, but I’m always on the lookout for new pieces that will push me out of my comfort zone and ultimately to add them to my overwhelming closet.

Here’s my list of must-haves (or at least must tries) for Summer 2014:

Parachute/Linen Pants
Best paired with a relaxed crop top for a comfy, yet put together look or a tight fitting tank/tee


Skater Skirts 
Best paired with a crop top or a light weight tank top



Crop Tops
 Best paired with maxi skirts, high-waist bottoms, or a lightweight cardigan/kimono





High Neck Tanks

Best paired with skinny jeans or cuffed shorts 
*try it tucked in for a less casual look*





Strappy Dresses
Best paired with your favorite statement necklace, wedges/sandals – it’s completely yours to dress up or down making it versatile and a great piece for summer


Bold Printed Pieces
Best paired with a simple statement accessory such as a large clutch or subtle jewelry



Two Piece Sets
Best paired with booties/wedges, arm cuff, or statement accessory




T-strap Metallic Sandals
Can be paired with literally anything! These sandals are basic, yet add just the right amount of flare to any outfit

Statement Earrings
Can be paired with anything to create a unique outfit - HOT TREND this  summer!




Arm Cuffs
Be best paired with strappy tanks or dresses that show off your arms



Colors to lookout for: 


If you’re ballin’ on a budget like most college students, be sure to check out places like Forever 21, Urban Outfitters, or Target for dupes of high-end merchandise and, of course, always be on the lookout for sales! Flash Sale Sites such as RueLaLa and HauteLook always have designer pieces at a fraction of the cost. 


XOX & LP,
Kaitlyn 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us what you think!