Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Crafty Corner

What do sorority girls love more than just about anything else? That's right...crafting! As an art minor, I spend countless hours finding new things to craft and I've compiled a few projects I have been working on lately.

Gripper Socks:

            What you'll need:
                     -Socks (whatever kind your precious heart desires)
                     -Puffy Paint


Step 1:

Lay out the sock bottom up. Think about the designs you want to do. I was thinking school and sorority spirit!



Step 2:
Get creative! The main thing to remember is just to have fun; that's what crafting is all about.


Step 3: 
Let them dry and then put them through a wash and dry, then they are ready to wear!



 Make-Up Brush Holder:

                 What You'll Need:
                          - Aquarium rocks/beads/sand
                                   - Spray Paint (I used gold and gold glitter)
                                   - Glass bowl or container 
       


Step 1:
 Empty the aquarium rocks into a box. I slipped a shopping bag over my box so that when I spray painted the rocks they wouldn't stick to the box.

 

Step 2:
Spray paint rocks and let them dry. Then shake and repeat until rocks are covered with desired color.


Step 3:
Once they dry, they may stick together. If this happens, just put your hand between the bag and the box and crumple until they are loose again.

Step 4:
Pour the rocks into a glass container of your choice. I got one at Walmart that is deep and has a square top. It goes with the theme of my other bathroom things.


When you're done, stick your make-up brushes in and place on the counter! This is a super cute way to keep your brushes separate so you don't have to constantly dig for them, and it doubles as a cute decoration.



These are simple but fun crafts to do this summer and the best part is, the materials used are usually bought in multiples giving you more reason to craft for your Bigs or Littles!

Hope you enjoy!
XOXO
-Ashely W.








2 comments:

  1. I love love love this idea for socks! I've never seen this craft before, and will definitely be trying it out soon, especially since my new apartment will have hardwood floors and I'm so clumsy! Pink socks with white quatrefoils for Phi Mu would be adorable!

    Sydney
    Toodlebelle's Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those socks are soo cool! I would have never thought about that!

    ReplyDelete

Tell us what you think!