Friday, July 18, 2014

My Big Little Story - KateLynn

I went into my freshman year of college absolutely dying to join a sorority. I didn't know which one, but I was going to get in one way or another. I go to a small school with less than 8,000 people that has a small greek community. I already knew one of the Greeks, Sammie Jo, and she was an Omega Chi (greek counselor). I loved her to death and felt a special connection to her that I didn't with the others. Prior to our freshman orientation, Sammie Jo talked to one of her sorority sisters (my Big, Lauren) about me a lot. I met my Big to-be at an orientation function, and as it turns out, she was one of the leaders in my group!

First pic as temp Big/Temp Little

When we met we hit it off immediately. We both loved music and band, the color purple, and just talking in general. On the last day of orientation I found out that she was a founding member of the Alpha Omicron Pi chapter on campus. I didn't let that sway me on choosing the sorority I wanted, but it made me all the more excited to go though recruitment!

Snow-pacalypse 2013 
On bid day, I found out that Sammie Jo was an AOΠ and that I had gotten a Bid from them! I was so excited I cried my eyes out. Then, something even more exciting happened: Lauren became my Rose Bud! Rose Bud is a term we use for a temporary Big or special sister. She had me convinced that she didn't get me as a Little and made me cry for an hour previous to the reveal. Of course she was tricking me and we became Big and Little! I can't explain all the emotions I was going through that night. The rest, as they say, is history.

First post-initiation picture

When we won best Big/Little pair at formal

All in all, my Big is my best friend. We've been attached at the hip since we met. She's been with me through my extreme downs and my extreme ups, boy troubles, school trouble and just plain trouble. I wouldn't trade her for the world. I love you Biggie, with all my panda heart. 

Stay Beautiful, xoxo 
-KateLynn 

1 comment:

Tell us what you think!