Friday, November 15, 2013

Relationships in the House

When you choose to live in the sorority, the only thing you're thinking about is who your roommate is going to be. Are we going to get a 2 person or a 3 person? I can say from my own experience that the only thing we were thinking about was which floor we wanted to live on and how we were going to get a room with a view of the lake! I never even thought about how I wasn't very close with most of the girls that were going to be living in the house with me.

Now that I have lived in the house for almost a whole semester, I can say I have better relationships with a ton more girls in my sorority. I did not know very many of the girls very well on my floor, but I've had some interesting experiences with all of them.

Here are some of the ways I've made some good friends:

Exchanges: Getting ready for exchanges was really where we got to know each other. We all had some crazy theme and a lot of girls got ready in the bathroom, so we could ask each other to borrow things. Just being in the same room was a way for us to start talking to each other.

The Morning Class Buddies: For me, I have a 9:30 class every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, so I will go to the community bathroom to brush my teeth and whatnot. The other girls on the floor that also have a morning classes usually see each other in the bathroom. It's an unspoken bond that cannot be replaced.

TV Room: Living in the house makes it so much easier to just go downstairs to watch TV with other girls. There's rarely ever no one in the TV room, so y'all can laugh at whatever is on. Cough Cough SVU Tuesdays…

Meals: The meals at the house have also made getting to know other girls so much easier. We have big dining room tables that we can all sit around. Especially with having a common bond, loving our sorority, we obviously have something in common, so it's not hard to find something to talk about. Heck, talk about how good the food is! Fried Fridays are where it's at…

In the end, you cannot go wrong living in the house!!! It's like a big sleepover every night, and let's not forget how many closets you obtain when you move in!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us what you think!